Jolly Phonics for the Whiteboard
Jolly Phonics for the Whiteboard is ideal for whole class teaching of Jolly Phonics through a whiteboard! The software enables teachers to deliver lessons in a fun and engaging way to children, using a wide variety of activities. With all the resources a teacher requires at the touch of a button, the program is fun and easy to use.
This software is now available to purchase as a download; a serial number and directions to download will be sent via an email during business hours.
- Suitable for use on Promethean, Smart and all other interactive whiteboards
- Software will run on PC only
- Choice of print or precursive letters
- Full and extensive year’s program for teaching Jolly Phonics
- Ideal for use with children aged 4-6 years
- Structured daily sessions, complete with teacher’s notes that can be viewed or printed
- Interactive lessons with lots of blending, spelling and writing practice, ideal for whole class or independent use
- Audio option for hearing the letter sounds, Jolly Jingles and Jolly Songs and story option
- Extensive selection of worksheets, templates and games that can be printed and used in class to reinforce teaching
The software is split into 3 main Steps, covering all the 42 letter sounds, alternative spellings, tricky words as well as activities for reading and handwriting practice. Each Step provides progressive daily sessions, as well as practical advice and tips that the teachers can use in their class.
NB: The demos may default to British English, precursive letter font but you can easily change this from the settings page. You can access this by tapping the cog wheel button from the teacher’s bar at the top of the screen – this is a drop down bar so tap the bar you see to expand it if not already expanded.
Provides daily flipcharts, each introducing a letter sound as well as revision of letter sounds already taught. So for example, if the letter sound /t/ is being taught the flipchart will provide revision of the previous sounds /s/ and /a/ which will have been taught. By the end of Step 1, children should know all the 42 main letter sounds and the first set of tricky words. This will enable children to blend them together to read and write simple words. Tricky Words in Step 1: I, he, she, be, to, do, the, me, we, was, are, all
Builds on the teaching in Step 1. It provides 12 weekly units, and follows a similar format of daily revision and consolidation, along with extension topics for the week. These include additional tricky words and the alternative ways of writing the vowel sounds as well as alphabet work.
With a further 12 weekly units, Step 3 aims to consolidate the learning in Steps 1 and 2. New tricky words are introduced, as well as spelling patterns plus short and long vowels.
• Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows Server 2008
• 2.33Ghz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® AtomTM 1.6Ghz or faster processor for notebook class devices
• A minimum 512MB of RAM
• You must have Administrator/Privileged Access Rights to install this software
• An internet connection is required for installation and activation.